Last Updated: January 11, 2018
INTRODUCTION. Vezt Inc. (“Vezt”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We have prepared this Privacy Notice to describe to you our practices regarding the Personal Data (as defined below) we collect from users of our sites, services, applications, and tools (the “Services”). By submitting Personal Data through our Services, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice, and you expressly consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Capitalized terms not defined in this Privacy Notice have the meaning given to them in our User Agreement, located at www.vezt.co. This Privacy Notice is incorporated into and made subject to the User Agreement.
DATA COLLECTED BY VEZT. As you use the Services, we may collect information about you and the Services you use. The Personal Data and Anonymous Data we collect falls into two different categories: (1) information you give us; and (2) information we collect from you automatically. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non- public information about you that is associated with or linked to that data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of an individual.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
- We do not require you to submit Personal Data to us while browsing the Services; however, we do require you to submit Personal Data, such as your name and e-mail, to use our interactive tools, to register for informational, marketing and promotional messages, to sign up for updates, to contact us, such as for support regarding the Services, and to provide us feedback. If you contact us via e-mail, in addition to any Personal Data you provide, we will also collect any other content included in the e-mail, in order to respond to you or otherwise address your feedback or message.
- When you sign up and create an account with us, we may also collect Personal Data from you, such as your name, e-mail, musical preferences, and address.
- Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Services you are able to use. Any information you post in any public forum can be seen, disclosed to or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we cannot control or predict.
B. Information Collected Automatically by Us.
- As is true of most other websites, our website collects certain information automatically and stores it in log files. The information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of our website, including a history of the pages you view. We use this information to help us design our site to better suit our users’ needs. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website, analyze trends, track visitor movements, and gather broad demographic information that assists us in identifying visitor preferences.
- We may also use third party tracking services to track and analyze Anonymous Data from users of our website.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY VEZT. In general, Personal Data collected by us is used either to respond to requests that you make or to help us serve you better. We may use your Personal Data to:
- provide and improve the administration of the Services;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
- tailor the features, performance and support of the Services to you;
- respond to your requests, including to provide customer support, resolve disputes, notify you regarding your account, collect a debt, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, troubleshoot problems, and/ or as otherwise necessary to service your account or enforce this Privacy Notice;
- send informational, marketing and promotional messages, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials, either directly or through one of our partners, related to our Services and for other marketing purposes;
- customize the advertising you may see on the Services; and
- verify your compliance with your obligations in our User Agreement or other Vezt policies.
DISCLOSURE BY VEZT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES. We may disclose your Personal Data as described below and elsewhere in this Privacy Notice; other uses and disclosures not described in this Privacy Notice may be made only with your written authorization.
- Generally. Your personal information will not generally be made publicly available without your prior consent.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data and Anonymous Data with third party service providers to assist us in providing our Services, including to: process data; perform functions on our behalf; provide you with the Services; conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate creation of accounts; provide technical support; and develop and send you informational, marketing and promotional messages. We endeavor to require these third party service providers to not use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Vezt.
- Third Party Advertisers. We may share information with advertising partners in order to send you promotional communications about the Services or to show you more tailored content, products, and services that may be of interest to you.
- Third Party Rights Holders. By accessing the Services, you may be permitted to listen to content owned or licensed by a third party, including the original artist (“Third Party Rights Holder”). In order to offer, facilitate, and enhance the Services, we may share certain information about you with such Third Party Rights Holder. Additionally, we may share your Personal Data with a Third Party Rights Holder or other users that create an account with us in order to allow you to offer, sell, and/or buy, as applicable, an ownership interest in the IP Rights.
- Transfer of Assets. We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Data to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets. Should such a sale, merger, or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your Personal Data in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), we may disclose Personal Data if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary (a) to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets; (b) in connection with any legal investigation; (c) to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants; (d) to protect or defend the rights or property of Vezt or users of the Services; and/or (e) to investigate or assist in preventing any violation or potential violation of the law, this Privacy Notice or the User Agreement.
DATA COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES.
- Third Party Websites. The Services may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. This Privacy Notice addresses only our use and disclosure of information we collect from and/or about you. We have no control over, do not review, and are not responsible for the privacy policies and content displayed on such other websites. When you click on such a link, you will leave our Services and go to another site. During this process, another entity may collect Personal Data or Anonymous Data from you. Please be aware that the terms of this Privacy Notice do not apply to these outside websites or content, or to any collection of data after you click on links to such outside websites. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
- Third Party Rights Holders. The Services offer you a platform to communicate with Third Party Rights Holders, and the Third Party Rights Holders may request certain Personal Data from you. This Privacy Notice does not apply to the collection of data by such Third Party Rights Holders. We have no control over and are not responsible for any information you provide to a Third Party Rights Holder.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it may be needed to access the Services.
- We may periodically send you free informational, marketing and promotional messages and e-mails that directly promote the use of the Services we offer. When you receive informational, marketing and promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by contacting us at email@example.com. If you receive communications from another third party, you must contact that entity to determine how you can “opt-out.”
- Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you Service-related communications, including notices of any updates to our User Agreement or Privacy Notice.
- You may change or modify certain information you previously provided to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through your account. However, when we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information as required by law and to investigate or assist in preventing any fraud or similar purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Data to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Data any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Vezt uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
PROTECTING CHILDREN. The Services are not directed toward children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, please ensure that you use the Services with the permission of a parent or guardian. If a child under 13 provided personal information through the Services, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us and we will promptly delete the child’s information from our records.
CONTACT INFORMATION. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. This Privacy Notice is subject to occasional revision. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Notice or in the way we use your Personal Data, we will notify you of any such changes by posting notice of the changes on www.vezt.co (the “Site”). Any such modifications become effective upon your continued access to and/or use of the Services after we post notice of such modifications. It is your sole responsibility to check the Site from time to time to view any changes to the terms of the Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to any changes, if and when such changes may be made to the Privacy Notice, you must stop using the Services. We reserve the right to discontinue the Services with or without notice to you.