As IP Counsel at Vezt, you will:
Solve and serve as an authority on key legal areas surrounding our disruptive, blockchain-powered IP marketplace. Technological innovations and industry firsts require creative and proactive legal guidance. As the first in-house IP attorney at Vezt, you will have many touch points within the company’s ecosystem, spearheading initiatives that influence all aspects of the business. As an integrated part of the team, you will proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only push the entertainment and IP industries into the future, but will move information/IP law forward as a whole.
What we’re looking for:
- JD degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including US and international experience
- Deep experience in drafting and negotiating music licensing agreements between technology companies, record and publishing companies, artists and CMOs / owners of music rights
- Must be admitted to the bar, and in good standing, in California
- Deep experience with commercial agreements, digital music licensing agreements, music publishing agreements and support of multi-territorial licensing entities
- Organizational skills and ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under pressure
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking
- Health benefits: medical, dental, vision
- Flexible time off: we work hard, but we also want you to enjoy your lifestyle
- Team outings & company sponsored events
- Snacks, beer & kombucha on tap
- Access to meditation rooms and a rooftop deck
- Equipment: Macbook, standing desk & more!
- Access to company-owned electric scooters: transportation to and from home or to a nearby lunch destination
Reporting to: Co-Founders: CEO and CFO
Salary: $120,000-150,000/yApply Now!